What the heck is a "capsule wardrobe?" Sounds fancy. But don't let it intimidate you, as it's actually meant to simplify your life. Capsule wardrobe is a minimalist concept of keeping your entire wardrobe, well, to a minimum. It allows you to quickly pick, mix, and match items in your closet to create the perfect "ready-to-go" outfits.
5 benefits of a capsule wardrobe:
1. Enhances Creativity - Depending on your mood, start visualizing a color or type of fabric that makes you smile (no judgments!) Experiment. Try things on! Most importantly your outfit should make you happy!
2. Improve your organizational skills - Keeping things organize the way it works for you is key. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to find that favorite navy cashmere sweater when you're running late.
3. Become a better planner - Check the weather. It will give you an idea whether to dress in layers or shorts and sandals. Either way, you can be prepared in case there is a slight chance of rain, sudden drop in temperature, or heat wave!
4. Become financially savvy - Shop better by shopping smarter. You can cut down unnecessary buying, which means more money in the bank.
5. Do good - Accumulating unwanted clothes is not only wasteful, but also harmful to our planet. And if you choose to buy fast fashion, most likely, materials used are synthetic, which are non-biodegradable, hence, they are also non-recyclable.
OK. So now, let's talk fashion!
Take a plain white t-shirt and pair of denim jeans. What can you do to turn such a simple outfit to spruce it up? How about adding a leather jacket? A blazer perhaps ? How about switching the jeans for a denim skirt instead? How about accessorizing?
Basic is not boring. It's like a blank canvas. Basic is flexible. It could be anything you want it to be.
By the way, here are 3 looks I found on IFCHIC.com that will hopefully inspire you to take basic to glam!