As much as I look forward to going on vacation, packing always felt like a daunting task. It can be overwhelming and frustrating. But after a few tries, I've finally narrowed it down to a few steps. Here are a few of my travel tips and how I pack for vacation.
1. Check the weather in advance at Weather.com App so you can be better prepared and can pack things that are weather appropriate.
2. Write a generic agenda. I say generic because plans may very well change when you are on vacation. Write a list of places you want to visit, activities you want to try. Based on your agenda, write a list of things to pack.
3. I like packing comfortable clothes like a pair of jeans/shorts, tees/tanks, swimsuit, pair of sneakers, sandals/flip flops. I also bring a pair of flat shoes for walking around town or out to dinner. I love a maxi dress because it is so versatile. I bring at least a jacket/cardigan sweater, in case it gets a bit chilly at night. I like useful accessories such as hat, light scarf, and pair of sunglasses. I also pack gym clothes, in case I feel the need to work out or go for a run.
4. Make sure that the size of your luggage fits the standard airline requirement of 27" x 21" x 14". It will save you the hassle of having to check your luggage in while boarding the plane, or in some cases, paying extra fees.
5. I like to bring travel/sample size skin and hair care products. Trust me, they save a lot of space, and it meets airline bottle size requirements for carry on!
6. I separate my Tumi V3 Carry On luggage into two compartments: one for clothes, and the other side for shoes/accessories/skin care products. I fold and roll each piece of clothing, leaving room for souvenirs and other unique finds.
7. I don't bring a camera. My iPhone 8 Plus has a big enough screen, and takes really good quality photos. As far as valuables, I don't bring expensive jewelry. I prefer to wear my iWatch or Fitbit.
I hope these tips are helpful. Please share your ideas on how you pack for vacation by leaving me a comment below. Have an awesome summer!