Summer is officially here!
Weddings, travel, picnics, sports events, and of course the biggest summer holiday, 4th of July. Fireworks, theme parks, beaches, and BBQs.
With all these fun activities, you start thinking, "What should I wear???"
Well, don't panic. No need to do last minute shopping that could cost you more money than what you need to spend.
By shopping your own closet, you can literally save a ton of cash, and explore your own creativity.
1. An old pair of Denim Jeans can be transformed into cut off shorts. All you need is a pair of strong scissors, and tape measure. Leave the hem undone, and you're suddenly on trend. You can also try distressing them by using a Dremel tool to cut create subtle holes, and also shortening the hems to ankle length.
2. A Maxi Dress is versatile as you can dress it down or up. If you are planning to watch fireworks at night, wear it flat sandals or pair of Birkenstock, then throw on a sweater, or denim jacket. You can also wear a t-shirt under as a layering piece. Pop on some white sneakers, and you are ready to go! If you want to up your game, put on a pair of heeled sandals, and accessorize with some fan earrings, and you ready to party.
3. Jazz up a plain White T-shirt with those denim shorts you just made, and add a statement necklace for a bit of sparkle. Throw on a pair of shades, and you are ready for a day at the beach.
4. Turn a long sleeve button down shirt to a cool crop top by rolling up the sleeves, and tying up the front. Wear in with a bikini top under, and shorts, and voila! Instant coolness.
5. Accessorize using unused scarf or bandanna as head scarf or headband. It will protect your hair from UV exposure, and keep your hair in place.
So, there you have it. Keep it casual, comfortable, and stylish by adding your own personal touch.
No question that Amazon is the fastest way to get something cool for dad, and fast! For those of us who waited last minute, check out these 10 gift ideas all from Amazon.com
And if you have Prime membership, they offer same day-delivery with a minimum fee, or 2-day delivery for free!
Wicker straw bags is one of the hottest trends thissummer. Basket bags can be seen every where worn by bloggers and celebrities all over town. Price can be as low as $15 and as high as $2000! Selections vary from totes, shoulder bag, crossbody, or clutch. They are truly versatile, and can easily take any ordinary outfit to a hot summer ensemble.
Here are some of my personal picks:
Large Tote Bag $14.99 from Amazon is a steal! The giant online retailer offers hundreds of straw totes priced under $20. This tote can fit all your summer essentials. And if you're an Amazon Prime member, you can choose free 2-day delivery service.
Cult Gaia Bamboo Ark Bag, depending on size and style, price range from $128 - $198. It has an ark-shape, and see-through design. If you want privacy, you can use a canvals or vinyl pouch to keep your stuff organized. Nordstrom carries the Ark bag in bamboo and acrylic version.
If luxury is what you're looking for, The Carolsello tassel-trimmed crossbody straw bag by Sanayi 313 at Machesfashion.com will set you back $1,436 on sale at 30% off from its original price of $2,053!
Kayu Design works with women artisans in the Philippines to create and deliver high-end unique handbags made of natural materials, such as straw. Each piece is handmade, so no two bags are alike. Clutch shown below is the Kayu Crete Wicker Clutch sells for $205 at Shopbop.com
There you have it! I hope you'll find the best one that works for you, and well, your pocket. Enjoy your new bag!